Founded in 1877, Saikotei was frequented by the politicians and literati of Yamaguchi Prefecture. It closed its doors as a restaurant in 1996, and it was relocated and restored in 2004. The main attraction is the main hall (100 tatami mats in size) in which calligraphy by such politicians as Kido Takayoshi and Sato Eisaku is displayed.
1-2-7 Tenge, Yamaguchi-shi, Yamaguchi-ken
Hours of Operation
Main hall viewing fee: adults (senior high school and up) ¥100, children (elementary and junior high) ¥50